Higher Ed Group Trip Planning
Important information to help plan your visit to Longhorn Cavern State Park.
BEFORE YOUR TOUR
- Buses, vans, and other group transportation must use designated parking and loading/unloading zones. See park staff for assistance.
- Please check-in at the ticket counter located inside the Visitor Center at least 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time to receive your paid tickets. Have your booking confirmation ready.
- Groups larger than 30 may be split into smaller sub-groups on-site.
- There are no restrooms in the cavern. Please visit the restrooms in the Visitor Center before the tour.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
- Tours run rain or shine. Dress comfortably and wear closed-toe shoes with good traction.
- Cavern temperatures range up to 68 degrees Fahrenheit / 20 degrees Celsius year-round.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the cavern. Unflavored water is OK.
- Only trained service animals as defined by the ADA are permitted to enter the cavern or park buildings.
- Guests will be walking/standing for approximately 90 minutes.
- Due to the historic nature of Longhorn Cavern State Park, visitor facilities and cavern walkways are not wheelchair accessible.
- There are 52 stone steps down to the cavern entrance and back up again.
- Depending on guest height, ducking may be required at several points on the tour. The two lowest points along the tour route are 4' 4" and 4' 8".
- Most tours include a brief lights-out demonstration. Please see your guide for more information.