Take your science curriculum deeper on a field trip to Longhorn Cavern State Park—without leaving the classroom!
Longhorn Cavern classroom live streams bring a TEKS-aligned show cave experience direct to your school. Hosted by a park tour guide, this 30-minute live stream will teach students about the geologic processes that created Longhorn Cavern and its cave formations. Students will also learn how people and animals used the cavern and its resources. Designed for schools outside of same-day field trip distance, classroom live streams help bring the National Cave of Texas to students across the state and beyond.
Each classroom live stream includes:
- 30-minute interactive live stream, including Q&A
- TEKS-aligned lesson/activity guides (elementary and secondary)
- 1 FREE walking tour ticket for each teacher/student to be used on a future visit to Longhorn Cavern State Park (personal visit only; not valid on group bookings)
HOW IT WORKS
- Available to schools that are outside same-day field trip driving distance. (Schools within same-day driving distance should complete a K-12 Walking Tour booking request.)
- Each class period requires its own live stream booking.
- Live streams assume an average of 30-35 students per period (varies by school).
- Live streams are designed to be joined from one shared classroom device with appropriate A/V capabilities.
- Live streams are delivered via Zoom Meetings. Other streaming services may be supported on a case-by-case basis.